Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

More cakes- Skittles cake

So of course there is always birthdays around here. Recently John's cousin had a birthday party and I was asked to make him a cake that had to do with Skittles. Skittles is a nickname that my husband and his cousin share and of course Skittles are AWESOME! So after surfing the web I came up with the idea to make it look like a skittles candy bag. It ended up being really simple and of course the great surprise was the multicolored cake inside. 
Martha gives a great tutorial here on how to make the rainbow cake: http://www.marthastewart.com/256688/rainbow-cake

and here is what the cake turned out like! Love it.



I ended up just dieing some fondant red and then cutting out letters with cookie cutters and painting the rainbow on the "bag" with colored frosting. (Later on after a few comments from my husband, I ended up cutting down the letter i , so it looked a little less like the L) 


Of course I had to make a cake for Easter, would you expect any less! I found this very simple Easter cake on Pinterest. ( Pinterest is awesome)

 I wish my peeps looked like they were in more of a circle, but it tasted the same lol 
Here is the link I found off Pinterest : http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Peeps-Sunflower-Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment